Events & Attractions
Whether you are interested in art, music, theatre, athletics, or dance, there are events and attractions of every kind on the IU Bloomington campus and in the Bloomington community.
Our campus and community host several annual events that include:
- First Thursdays on the Arts Plaza
- Gallery Walk Bloomington
- 4th Street Festival of the Arts and Crafts
- Lotus World Music and Arts Festival
- IU Family Weekend
- IU Bloomington Homecoming
- IU Science Fest
- Little 500
- Taste of Bloomington
What's happening on campus?
There are many interesting attractions on the IU Bloomington campus. A few of the most popular are:
- African American Arts Institute
- IU Auditorium
- Asian Culture Center
- Eskenazi Museum of Art
- First Nations Educational & Cultural Center
- Jacobs School of Music Opera and Ballet Theater
- Kirkwood Observatory
- La Casa/Latino Cultural Center
- LGBTQ+ Culture Center
- The Lilly Library
- Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center
- Precollege Programs
- IU Theatre and Dance Productions
Check out IU Bloomington's campus events calendar to see what will be happening at IU during your visit.
What's happening in Bloomington?
Bloomington also offers a number of exciting attractions. Here are some of the most frequently attended:
- Buskirk-Chumley Theater
- City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation
- Downtown Bloomington
- Griffy Lake, Lake Lemon, and Lake Monroe
- Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center
- WonderLab Museum of Science, Health & Technology
- Wylie House Museum
Check out this directory of concerts, festivals, and other great things happening around the city.